We’ll be featuring some of our staff’s five fav finds every week. I’ll be going first. I’m Dawn, the designer at WebThriftStore. Here we go!
I love all the kitsch finds that come through WebThriftStore. I’m a sucker for objects that are only beautiful because they look so
ugly interesting. Here are five of some of the objects that I’d love to call my own if I had more space in my apartment.
1. Poodle painting on velvet canvas, $12 benefits Gulf Coast Giving. There are three things in the world that I’d like more of, and this one has it all: velvet, gold, and a poodle.
2. Stone Carved Eagle, $20, benefits Col. Potter Cairn Rescue. Put it on your mantel and let the conversation flow.
3. Shawnee Tom the Piper’s Son Teapot, $125, benefits Col. Potter Cairn Rescue. This teapot was made by Shawnee Pottery and was patterned after a nursery rhyme called “Tom, Tom the Piper’s Son.” Here’s how it goes (via wikipedia):
Tom, Tom, the piper’s son, stole a pig, and away did run; The pig was eat and Tom was beat, and Tom went crying down the street.
4. Unusual Geometric Bowl, $11.95 benefits The Bark and Meow Foundation. This bowl would look great on your dining table with Pitayas and Carambolas.
5. Cat Mug with Lid/ Coaster Tail for Handle, $10.95 benefits The Bark and Meow Foundation. The tail is the handle, I have no speech.
Til next time!